Browse archival collections
Not familiar with how to search for information in archives?
View our quick introduction to how archives are organized and what a "finding aid" is.
Material collected by Fr. Nicholas Kostetsky relating to his experiences in the Ukrainian National Chorus in the 1920s, which inspired the American Christmas mega-hit "The Carol of the Bells".
Quantity: 0.1 Linear Feet, 2 folders
Ihumen Gregory (Fr. Gregory Woolfenden) was a Roman Catholic priest and scholar who converted to Eastern Orthodoxy. In addition to his religious ministry, he had a strong avocational interest in church architecture. This collection contains approximately 5,000 amateur photographs taken by Fr. Gregory of the interiors and exteriors of churches and monasteries, as well as some monuments, castles, and other structures, primarily in Great Britain.
Quantity: 1.8 Linear Feet
The "Fund to Aid Ukraine, Inc." operated as a non-profit from the 1990s to the early 2000s in the Cleveland, Ohio area, and was responsible for the shipment of medical and dental equipment, clothing and other humanitarian supplies to municipalities, schools, orphanages, and other institutions in Ukraine. This collection contains business records and correspondence related to its operation.
Quantity: 0.1 Linear Feet, 1 folder
The Volodymyr and Katherine Kedrowsky Papers contain primary source material regarding Volodymyr's activities as a diplomat for the Ukrainian People's Republic, as director of the Ukrainian service of the Voice of America, and his political and historical writings. It also includes photographs and ephemera related to Katherine's work with Girl Scouting and Ukrainian women's affairs.
Quantity: 1.5 Linear Feet, 3 boxes, 8 reels of audio tape
This collection contains material relating to the rebirth of the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church in Nazi-occupied Ukraine and its continued existence in exile in post-war Germany.
Quantity: 2.7 Linear Feet, 7 boxes
The Ukrainian Central Committee in Poland was an organization of Ukrainian political refugees from central Ukraine living in inter-War Poland, which provided humanitarian and other support. This collection consists of a single photograph album of images related to the Ukrainian school established by the Committee in Przemysl.
Quantity: 0.1 Linear Feet, 1 photograph album containing 11 photographs
This collection contains records of the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church parishes in the Displaced Persons Camps in Munster-Lager and Fallingbostel, Germany, including official correspondence, sacramental records, relief aid distribution records, and a remarkable DP camp census list.
Dates: 1943-1950 (Bulk, 1948-1950)
Quantity: 0.25 Linear Feet, 4 folders, 1 bound volume
This collection contains administrative records of the American Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA from the early years of the episcopacy of Archbishop Ioan (Teodorovych).
Quantity: 1.25 Linear Feet, 3 boxes
Metropolitan Oleksander was bishop of the Polish Autocephalous Orthodox Church, and played a key role in the rebirth of the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church (UAOC). His papers contain correspondence and records related to the Autocephalous Orthodox Church of Poland and the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church during the periods of Soviet and Nazi occupation of what is now northwestern Ukraine and southern Belarus.
Quantity: 0.2 Linear Feet, 10 folders
The Oleksii Matuch Papers contain a nearly comprehensive collection of advertising flyers, event announcements, concert programs, and other ephemera related to Ukrainian American community life in Buffalo, NY during the late 1950s and early 1960s, as well as some his correspondence and personal documents.
Dates: 1944-1965 (Bulk, 1954-1965)
Quantity: 0.5 Linear Feet, 1 box
Volodymyr Komaryns'kyi was a Ukrainian social and political activist and lawyer, and was involved in the early organization of the Plast scouting movement in Transcarpathia in the 1920s. The collection consists primarily of his memoirs of that time period.
Dates: 1948-1981 and undated (Bulk, 1970s-1981)
Quantity: 0.2 Linear Feet, 2 folders
Americans for Human Rights in Ukraine (AHRU) was formed in 1979 with the mission of drawing attention to human rights problems in the Ukrainian SSR. It was instrumental in lobbying for the creation of the US Congressional Commission on the Ukraine Famine in 1984, and in helping to defend John Demjanjuk. Lubow Jowa served as Treasurer and active member of the AHRU in the 1980s. The collection consists primarily of newspaper clippings, brochures, reports, and ephemera related to AHRU activities, as well as some correspondence and other organizational records.
Quantity: 0.5 Linear Feet, 2 boxes
This collection consists primarily of radio scripts that were sent from the director of the Ukrainian service of Radio Liberty to (then) Archbhishop Mstyslav of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA. They provide a record of Western Cold War-era broadcasting of news and political commentary to Ukrainian-speakers living in the Soviet Union.
Dates: 1961-1966 (Bulk, 1961-1963)
Quantity: 1 Linear Feet, 3 boxes, 19 folders
The Holovna Rada Khresta Symona Petliury was the body responsible for awarding the military order of the Cross of Symon Petliura to all eligable veterans of the Ukrainian War of Independence. This collection principally contains submitted application forms containing biographical information and military service histories of individual applicants who wished to obtain the Cross.
Quantity: 0.25 Linear Feet, 1 box
This collection contains music manuscripts and song lyrics by a Ukrainian-American immigrant to Northapton, Pennsylvania, as well as an intruiging bilingual glossary of millitary drill commands.
Quantity: 0.1 Linear Feet