Crafts for Kids with the UHEC: Lialka Motanka - ONLINE
Participants will learn about the traditional doll making technique using the wrap or reel method (motaty).
While creating this symbol of wisdom and protectress of the family, young artists will learn about traditional Ukrainian folk culture.
You can use your own supplies, or purchase a kit.
Register early to have a kit of pre-cut fabric and ribbon mailed to you (Kit Fee $5). Kits only available through 2/5/2021, to ensure that you receive it prior to the workshop.
Suitable for grade school aged children. Seating is limited to 20 participants.
Taught by Oksana Pasakas, UHEC Education Programs Coordinator
This event will take place ONLINE, but registration is required.
1. Fabric for inside of head or batting (approx. size 12 x 7 in.)
2. White/Cream Fabric for Head & Body (approx. size 14 x 14 in.)
3. White/Cream Fabric for Arms (approx. size 10 x 4 in.)
4. Colorful Skirt Fabric (approx. size 6 x 7 in.)
5. Colorful Apron Fabric (approx. size 4.5 x 2.5 in.)
6. Ribbon to attach the Apron (approx. size 9-10 inches)
7. Colorful Headscarf Fabric (approx. size 12 x 12 in.)
8. Thread to secure head, arms, body (natural color)
9. Thread to decorate head (any color)
11.Optional: Yarn for hair, small flowers for hair, beads for necklace
|Number of craft kits||$ 5.00|
|Voluntary donation||$ 1.00|