Interviews and Family Research In Your Ancestral Town
Andriy Dorosh is a professional genealogist in western Ukraine and the founder of the very successful heritage tour company Dorosh Heritage Tours. He has a passion for collecting oral histories as part of his work, which has developed into a project, "Stories Our Grandparents Haven't Told," to record interviews with those who lived in Ukraine during the World War II era and its immediate aftermath.
Andriy will join us from Lviv, Ukraine and will share with participants how he and his colleagues research ancestral roots in order to help families reconnect with their ancestral culture and understand where they came from. Topics he will discuss include:
- Visiting your ancestral villages and discoveries you can make by doing research there.
- Principles of successful local research and “detective” work.
- How to make sure you find the correct people if you’re looking for living relatives.
- How to find the plot where your ancestors lived.
- The specifics and fun of communication with the locals and interviewing them.
Andriy will also show some videos and interviews he made when doing family research in different villages and he will talk about his new project – THE STORIES OUR GRANDPARENTS HAVEN’T TOLD. This is a journey to capture the lives of average Ukrainians who lived through WWII and post-war Soviet rule and share their stories before they’re lost forever.
This webinar is FREE, however, registration is required.
|Voluntary donation||$ 1.00|