Browse processed collections
Not familiar with how to search for information in archives?
View our quick introduction to how archives are organized and what a "finding aid" is.
Fr. Gregory Chomicky was one of the first Ukrainian Orthodox clergymen in the United States. This collection houses material that documents his ministry as a clergyman, both as a parish priest and as a member of the leadership of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church in America and the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA. It also documents his personal and family life as well as parish and Ukrainian American community activities.
Dates: circa 1913-1975
Quantity: 19.5 Linear Feet
This collection contains administrative records of the American Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA from the early years of the episcopacy of Archbishop Ioan (Teodorovych).
Quantity: 1.25 Linear Feet, 3 boxes
The Ukrainian Orthodox parish of the Holy Trinity existed in New Castle, Pennsylvania from the 1920s until the early 21st century. This collection contains metrical records, financial records, meeting minutes, and other materials related to its activity.
Dates: 1922-2002 (Bulk, 1926-1980)
Quantity: 1 Linear Feet
St. Mary's Protectress Parish in Milwaukee, Wisconsin was a parish in the jurisdiction of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA. This collection contains register books from that parish.
Quantity: 0.1 Linear Feet, 3 bound volumes
S.S. Peter and Paul Church in Freeland, Pennsylvania was a parish in the jurisdiction of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of America. This collection contains records and register books from that parish.
Quantity: 0.25 Linear Feet, 4 bound volumes, 1 folder, 1 object
This collection contains the parish records of St. Peter and Paul Church in Johnstown, Pa., including baptism, marriage, and funeral records; meeting minutes; financial and legal records; and photographs and ephemera.
Quantity: 4 Linear Feet
Fr. Dmytro Leshchyshyn was a Ukrainian Orthodox clergyman in the United States and Canada in the early to mid 20th century. This collection contains his extensive correspondence with a wide range of individuals and organizations both religious and secular. It also includes personal and family correspondence, membership lists, other organizational records and publications, and similar materials.
Dates: 1924-1951 (Bulk, 1924-1944)
Quantity: 1.3 Linear Feet
Bad Hersfeld was the site of one of many displaced persons camps that were established throughout the British and American occupation zones of Germany after World War II. This collection contains a register book of sacramental records from the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church parish that existed in that camp.
Quantity: 0.1 Linear Feet, 1 folder
Seedorf was the site of one of many displaced persons camps that were established throughout the British and American occupation zones of Germany after World War II. This collection contains the records of the Ukrainian Orthodox parish located in that camp.
Quantity: 0.1 Linear Feet, 1 folder
Fr. Anatolii Dublians'kyi (later Bishop and Metropolitan) was a leader of the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church in West Germany and Europe in the second half of the 20th century. This collection primarily consists of documents and correspondence related to Fr. Anatolii Dublians'kyi's activity as a priest and administrator with the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church in post-war Western Europe, as well as writings on church and secular history.
Quantity: 1 Linear Feet, 2 boxes
The St. Peter and Paul parish was founded in the early 1930s during the height of the Great Depression, and remained active for approximately 40 years. The collection contains lists of parish members and records of baptisms, marriages and funerals, as well as legal records, deeds, and parish council meeting minutes dating back to the founding of the parish.
Quantity: 1.2 Linear Feet, 20 bound volumes, 4 folders
This collection houses the personal papers of Fr. Petro Stel'makh, a Ukrainian Orthodox clergyman who was active in German displaced persons camps, and played a significant role in the breakaway "Conciliar" Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church. It also contains administrative records of the UAOC(C), and records from Ukrainian Orthodox parishes in German displaced persons camps.
Quantity: 1 Linear Feet, 3 boxes
Metropolitan Oleksander was bishop of the Polish Autocephalous Orthodox Church, and played a key role in the rebirth of the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church (UAOC). His papers contain correspondence and records related to the Autocephalous Orthodox Church of Poland and the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church during the periods of Soviet and Nazi occupation of what is now northwestern Ukraine and southern Belarus.
Quantity: 0.2 Linear Feet, 10 folders
This collection contains records of the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church parishes in the Displaced Persons Camps in Munster-Lager and Fallingbostel, Germany, including official correspondence, sacramental records, relief aid distribution records, and a remarkable DP camp census list.
Dates: 1943-1950 (Bulk, 1948-1950)
Quantity: 0.25 Linear Feet, 4 folders, 1 bound volume
This collection contains material relating to the rebirth of the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church in Nazi-occupied Ukraine and its continued existence in exile in post-war Germany.
Quantity: 2.7 Linear Feet, 7 boxes