The UHEC's collections have been assembled largely through the generosity of many donors. You can continue this process by donating your folk or fine art, family papers, or other artifacts either directly or by bequest.
Please contact us first, though! Sometimes trivial items or apparent "junk" can have surprising historical relevance, and sometimes objects that seem valuable or important may not fit the UHEC's scope. If you have any questions, please contact the UHEC at museum@UkrHEC.org, archives@UkrHEC.org, or by phone at (732) 356-0132.
UHEC acquisitions policy
A potential donation will be evaluated based on the answers to these questions:
- Does the item or collection meet the collecting scope of the museum or the archives?
- Does the item or collection enhance the UHEC's current holdings?
- Are similar or duplicate items already in the UHEC's holdings?
- Can the artifact fulfill a need in the permanent collection, or can it be used for educational purposes?
- Are there any special restrictions associated with the item or collection?
- Can the UHEC provide adequate storage and protection for the item or collection?
- Can the donor provide adequate proof of ownership?
The Center will generally not accept materials that do not fit within its collecting scope or which significantly duplicate materials already in its holdings. In addition, the Center will usually not accept materials on which the donor has placed significant restrictions, such as the requirement for permanent or long-term exhibition, or that a collection only be displayed as a group. Loans of materials are not accepted, except in special circumstances (e.g. for display in a specific exhibit). Exceptions may be granted in unusual circumstances.