Any reproduction of material in the archival collections of the Ukrainian History and Education Center is at the discretion of the archive staff. Center staff will handle all reproduction work, and may restrict the quantity or types of material that can be reproduced. The generation of digital reproductions is at the discretion of the UHEC, and may be denied based on copyright ownership and other factors.
The personal use of hand-held digital cameras in the reading room by on-site researchers is allowed subject to rules and restrictions.
The fees below are for reproduction services only, and does not include permission to publish. Publication permission for images of items in the UHEC's collections may be granted under the UHEC's Use Policy and may require an additional fee which depends on the type of material, the publication or broadcast medium, and the commercial/non-commercial nature of the request. Publication of limited quotations from or summaries of the content of archival materials does not require permission, but does require proper citation. Fees may be waived under some circumstances at the discretion of the UHEC.
Staff time is extremely limited. Please allow 3-6 weeks for fulfillment.
- Black and white or grayscale reproductions of paper records on normal office paper: $1.00 per image or page, with a minimum $15 charge.
- Color reproductions of paper records on normal office paper: $1.50 per image or page.
- Orders over 50 pages are subject to an additional surcharge of 20% of the total cost.
- Minimum Domestic Shipping and Handling: $7.50 (under 50 pages). There may be additional charges based on weight for larger quantities
- International Shipping and Handling: $10 or more, depending on weight.
Digital reproductions of paper records
- Low resolution color PDF with watermark: $0.75 per image or page, with a minimum charge of $15.
- Orders over 50 pages are subject to a 20% surcharge of the total cost.
- Delivery by Postal Service mail on CD or DVD-ROM to US addresses: $5. Please contact us regarding international shipping. Electronic delivery by email or file sharing service is free.
Please note that a digital reproduction includes only an image of the item or page that has not had any optical character recognition performed on it, and therefore does not contain any computer-searchable text. Center staff cannot provide any OCR or transcription services.
Reproductions of non-paper records
Please contact the archives regarding fees for audiovisual materials, negatives, slides, and other non-paper materials. CDs of already-digitized audio materials can be generated for a fee of $20 for the first disc, and $5 for each additional disc (maximum of 74 minutes per disc).
If you are unable to come to the Center in person, the archive staff may be able to provide limited research services (depending on their schedule and availability). The first 30 minutes are free, and more in-depth research for a fee of $50 per hour (in addition to any fees for paper or digital reproductions). Members of the UHEC receive one hour of research services for free, and $25 per hour thereafter. Please contact the archival staff (archives@UkrHEC.org) to discuss your needs and to check availability.
Due to staff time limitations, we cannot provide translation services for the many non-English language holdings in our collections.