Browse processed collections
Not familiar with how to search for information in archives?
View our quick introduction to how archives are organized and what a "finding aid" is.
Fr. Gregory Chomicky was one of the first Ukrainian Orthodox clergymen in the United States. This collection houses material that documents his ministry as a clergyman, both as a parish priest and as a member of the leadership of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church in America and the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA. It also documents his personal and family life as well as parish and Ukrainian American community activities.
Dates: circa 1913-1975
Quantity: 19.5 Linear Feet
Joseph Marmash was an active member of the Baltimore, MD Ukrainian-American community over many decades. He was born to members of the first wave of Ukrainian immigrants to the US, and his involvement with the Ukrainian-American Citizens Club and other organizations and causes began in the 1930s. This collection documents some of these activities, as well as his extensive work helping to resettle Ukrainian Displaced Persons after World War II.
Quantity: 1 Linear Feet, 2 boxes
Iurii and Ol'ha Perkhorovych were Ukrainian immigrants from the Volyn' region who moved to Brooklyn, New York in the 1950s. The collection primarily consists of extensive correspondence with family, friends, and prominent individuals, and materials related to Iurii's avocational historical research and his activities with Volyn'-related organizations. It also contains materials from when Iurii and Ol'ha were in displaced persons camps in Germany, as well as personal documents, pocket diaries, and ephemera from their life in Brooklyn.
Dates: 1917-1999 (Bulk, 1946-1990)
Quantity: 12 Linear Feet
The "Fund to Aid Ukraine, Inc." operated as a non-profit from the 1990s to the early 2000s in the Cleveland, Ohio area, and was responsible for the shipment of medical and dental equipment, clothing and other humanitarian supplies to municipalities, schools, orphanages, and other institutions in Ukraine. This collection contains business records and correspondence related to its operation.
Quantity: 0.1 Linear Feet, 1 folder
Metropolitan Oleksander was bishop of the Polish Autocephalous Orthodox Church, and played a key role in the rebirth of the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church (UAOC). His papers contain correspondence and records related to the Autocephalous Orthodox Church of Poland and the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church during the periods of Soviet and Nazi occupation of what is now northwestern Ukraine and southern Belarus.
Quantity: 0.2 Linear Feet, 10 folders
This collection houses the personal papers of Fr. Petro Stel'makh, a Ukrainian Orthodox clergyman who was active in German displaced persons camps, and played a significant role in the breakaway "Conciliar" Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church. It also contains administrative records of the UAOC(C), and records from Ukrainian Orthodox parishes in German displaced persons camps.
Quantity: 1 Linear Feet, 3 boxes
Vikentii Shandor was a lawyer, author, and Ukrainian American community activist originally from Transcarpathian Ukraine. This collection contains his personal correspondence and writings, as well as records documenting his activities in the Carpathian Alliance, the government of the Ukrainian People's Republic in Exile, and other organizations.
Quantity: 1.7 Linear Feet, 5 boxes
This collection contains material relating to the lives of Vasyl' and Liudmyla Serdiuk. It primarily documents their work in the theater in Western Ukraine and the United States through correspondence, programs, and photographs. It also documents the activities of the St. George Ukrainian Orthodox parish in Yardville, NJ in an extensive collection of photographs.
Quantity: 0.7 Linear Feet, 2 boxes
This collection contains administrative records of the American Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA from the early years of the episcopacy of Archbishop Ioan (Teodorovych).
Quantity: 1.25 Linear Feet, 3 boxes
Fr. Anatolii Dublians'kyi (later Bishop and Metropolitan) was a leader of the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church in West Germany and Europe in the second half of the 20th century. This collection primarily consists of documents and correspondence related to Fr. Anatolii Dublians'kyi's activity as a priest and administrator with the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church in post-war Western Europe, as well as writings on church and secular history.
Quantity: 1 Linear Feet, 2 boxes
The Ukrainian American Citizen's Club was one of the primary focal points of Ukrainian-American life in Baltimore, Maryland for many decades. The records in this collection document its founding as well as its activities from the 1930s to the 1950s.
Quantity: 1.5 Linear Feet, 2 boxes, 3 bound volumes
Fr. Dmytro Leshchyshyn was a Ukrainian Orthodox clergyman in the United States and Canada in the early to mid 20th century. This collection contains his extensive correspondence with a wide range of individuals and organizations both religious and secular. It also includes personal and family correspondence, membership lists, other organizational records and publications, and similar materials.
Dates: 1924-1951 (Bulk, 1924-1944)
Quantity: 1.3 Linear Feet