Browse processed collections
Not familiar with how to search for information in archives?
View our quick introduction to how archives are organized and what a "finding aid" is.
This collection contains the incomplete parish records of St. Michael's Ukrainian Orthodox parish in Jeannette, PA, consisting of parish board meeting records as well as funeral records.
Quantity: 0.1 Linear Feet, 1 bound volume
Kira Arkhimovych was a Ukrainian and Ukrainian American botanist who specialized in tomato breeding. Thе collection consists of a photograph album, original botanical drawings, and her doctoral thesis
Dates: 1910s-early 1950s
Quantity: 0.25 Linear Feet, 1 box
Fr. Dmytro Leshchyshyn was a Ukrainian Orthodox clergyman in the United States and Canada in the early to mid 20th century. This collection contains his extensive correspondence with a wide range of individuals and organizations both religious and secular. It also includes personal and family correspondence, membership lists, other organizational records and publications, and similar materials.
Dates: 1924-1951 (Bulk, 1924-1944)
Quantity: 1.3 Linear Feet
Material collected by Fr. Nicholas Kostetsky relating to his experiences in the Ukrainian National Chorus in the 1920s, which inspired the American Christmas mega-hit "The Carol of the Bells".
Quantity: 0.1 Linear Feet, 2 folders
Ihumen Gregory (Fr. Gregory Woolfenden) was a Roman Catholic priest and scholar who converted to Eastern Orthodoxy. In addition to his religious ministry, he had a strong avocational interest in church architecture. This collection contains approximately 5,000 amateur photographs taken by Fr. Gregory of the interiors and exteriors of churches and monasteries, as well as some monuments, castles, and other structures, primarily in Great Britain.
Quantity: 1.8 Linear Feet
The "Fund to Aid Ukraine, Inc." operated as a non-profit from the 1990s to the early 2000s in the Cleveland, Ohio area, and was responsible for the shipment of medical and dental equipment, clothing and other humanitarian supplies to municipalities, schools, orphanages, and other institutions in Ukraine. This collection contains business records and correspondence related to its operation.
Quantity: 0.1 Linear Feet, 1 folder
The Volodymyr and Katherine Kedrowsky Papers contain primary source material regarding Volodymyr's activities as a diplomat for the Ukrainian People's Republic, as director of the Ukrainian service of the Voice of America, and his political and historical writings. It also includes photographs and ephemera related to Katherine's work with Girl Scouting and Ukrainian women's affairs.
Quantity: 1.5 Linear Feet, 3 boxes, 8 reels of audio tape
This collection contains the parish records of St. Peter and Paul Church in Johnstown, Pa., including baptism, marriage, and funeral records; meeting minutes; financial and legal records; and photographs and ephemera.
Quantity: 4 Linear Feet
This collection contains material relating to the rebirth of the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church in Nazi-occupied Ukraine and its continued existence in exile in post-war Germany.
Quantity: 2.7 Linear Feet, 7 boxes
The Ukrainian Central Committee in Poland was an organization of Ukrainian political refugees from central Ukraine living in inter-War Poland, which provided humanitarian and other support. This collection consists of a single photograph album of images related to the Ukrainian school established by the Committee in Przemysl.
Quantity: 0.1 Linear Feet, 1 photograph album containing 11 photographs
This collection contains records of the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church parishes in the Displaced Persons Camps in Munster-Lager and Fallingbostel, Germany, including official correspondence, sacramental records, relief aid distribution records, and a remarkable DP camp census list.
Dates: 1943-1950 (Bulk, 1948-1950)
Quantity: 0.25 Linear Feet, 4 folders, 1 bound volume
This collection contains administrative records of the American Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA from the early years of the episcopacy of Archbishop Ioan (Teodorovych).
Quantity: 1.25 Linear Feet, 3 boxes
Metropolitan Oleksander was bishop of the Polish Autocephalous Orthodox Church, and played a key role in the rebirth of the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church (UAOC). His papers contain correspondence and records related to the Autocephalous Orthodox Church of Poland and the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church during the periods of Soviet and Nazi occupation of what is now northwestern Ukraine and southern Belarus.
Quantity: 0.2 Linear Feet, 10 folders
The Oleksii Matuch Papers contain a nearly comprehensive collection of advertising flyers, event announcements, concert programs, and other ephemera related to Ukrainian American community life in Buffalo, NY during the late 1950s and early 1960s, as well as some his correspondence and personal documents.
Dates: 1944-1965 (Bulk, 1954-1965)
Quantity: 0.5 Linear Feet, 1 box
Volodymyr Komaryns'kyi was a Ukrainian social and political activist and lawyer, and was involved in the early organization of the Plast scouting movement in Transcarpathia in the 1920s. The collection consists primarily of his memoirs of that time period.
Dates: 1948-1981 and undated (Bulk, 1970s-1981)
Quantity: 0.2 Linear Feet, 2 folders