Browse processed collections
Not familiar with how to search for information in archives?
View our quick introduction to how archives are organized and what a "finding aid" is.
This collection houses the personal papers of Fr. Petro Stel'makh, a Ukrainian Orthodox clergyman who was active in German displaced persons camps, and played a significant role in the breakaway "Conciliar" Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church. It also contains administrative records of the UAOC(C), and records from Ukrainian Orthodox parishes in German displaced persons camps.
Quantity: 1 Linear Feet, 3 boxes
Dokia Humenna was a major Ukrainian and Ukrainian American writer of over 30 books of prose. This collection consists of a typewritten manuscript of her autobiography.
Quantity: 1 Linear Feet, 2 boxes
This "micro-collection" contains a small group of sermons and notes written by the first bishop of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church in America.
Quantity: 0.1 Linear Feet, 1 bound volume and 1 box
The St. Peter and Paul parish was founded in the early 1930s during the height of the Great Depression, and remained active for approximately 40 years. The collection contains lists of parish members and records of baptisms, marriages and funerals, as well as legal records, deeds, and parish council meeting minutes dating back to the founding of the parish.
Quantity: 1.2 Linear Feet, 20 bound volumes, 4 folders
St. Mary Protectress Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church (Rochester, N.Y.) parish bulletin collection
This collection contains parish bulletins for St. Mary Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Church in Rochester, NY, as well as parish financial reports, ephemera, event announcements, newspaper articles, and some bulletins of other parishes.
Dates: 1978-2016 (Bulk, 1980-1988)
Quantity: 0.4 Linear Feet, 1 box
This collection houses the personal and professional papers of the writer, linguist, and editor Vasyl' Chaplenko. It documents his studies of the Ukrainian language, politics, and literature through typescripts of his articles, his correspondence, and through his large collection of annotated newspaper and periodical articles.
Dates: 1930-1990 (Bulk, 1970-1990)
Quantity: 4.1 Linear Feet, 9 boxes
The Ukrainian American Citizen's Club was one of the primary focal points of Ukrainian-American life in Baltimore, Maryland for many decades. The records in this collection document its founding as well as its activities from the 1930s to the 1950s.
Quantity: 1.5 Linear Feet, 2 boxes, 3 bound volumes
This collection contains three notebooks of hand-written sermons by Fr. Oleksander Pihulevs'kyi, who was a Ukrainian Orthodox clergyman in the greater Sydney area of Australia. The sermons date to just before and after his ordination as a priest in 1954.
Quantity: 0.1 Linear Feet, 3 bound volumes
Vikentii Shandor was a lawyer, author, and Ukrainian American community activist originally from Transcarpathian Ukraine. This collection contains his personal correspondence and writings, as well as records documenting his activities in the Carpathian Alliance, the government of the Ukrainian People's Republic in Exile, and other organizations.
Quantity: 1.7 Linear Feet, 5 boxes
Seedorf was the site of one of many displaced persons camps that were established throughout the British and American occupation zones of Germany after World War II. This collection contains the records of the Ukrainian Orthodox parish located in that camp.
Quantity: 0.1 Linear Feet, 1 folder
This collection contains the parish records of the St. Nicholas Church in Export, Pennsylvania. It contains baptism, marriage and funeral records, as well as membership lists and legal documents.
Quantity: 0.1 Linear Feet, 2 bound volumes
This collection contains material relating to the lives of Vasyl' and Liudmyla Serdiuk. It primarily documents their work in the theater in Western Ukraine and the United States through correspondence, programs, and photographs. It also documents the activities of the St. George Ukrainian Orthodox parish in Yardville, NJ in an extensive collection of photographs.
Quantity: 0.7 Linear Feet, 2 boxes
Bad Hersfeld was the site of one of many displaced persons camps that were established throughout the British and American occupation zones of Germany after World War II. This collection contains a register book of sacramental records from the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church parish that existed in that camp.
Quantity: 0.1 Linear Feet, 1 folder
Mykola Kulikowskyj was a lieutenant colonel in the army of the Ukrainian People's Republic during the Ukrainian War of Independence who immigrated to the United States as a refugee in 1950. This collection contains his correspondenc, photographs, and a variety of personal documents.
Dates: circa 1920-1956
Quantity: 0.1 Linear Feet, 1 box (5 folders)
This collection contains photographs of events at the Metropolia Center of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA in South Bound Brook, New Jersey taken by Shirley Skocypec.
Quantity: 0.25 Linear Feet, 1 album (approximately 75 photographs)